Traveling Australia in a caravan is an exciting experience where you will have fun, adventure and enjoy the freedom of having a comfy space all to yourself. You will have time to yourself if you will be traveling alone away from the stress of everyday struggles. If you will be traveling with your family, you will be able to enjoy a real reunion with your family without the interruption of television sets or the temptation to access some information on the internet.
Below are some of the pros and cons of traveling to Australia via caravan:
- Less time in setting it up and packing: Unlike a camper where you will take a lot of time to set up, a camper will be more convenient as it will not take up much of your time.
- Bigger storage space: A caravan is more spacious where everything you need will fit in including a fridge. This means you will not be forced to stack up too many things together making it hard to find some of your supplies when you need them.
- You will be able to pull off the road and take a nap or even grab a snack before proceeding with your journey.
- A caravan is more luxurious as you will have an air conditioner, a televisions set, a bathroom, and even bedrooms. This will make you feel at home even when you are miles away.
- A caravan is compact and will be able to keep off dust and bugs: unlike a camper that has a lot of spaces in between, a caravan does not have any gaps and you will be safe and comfortable throughout your journey.
- More Expensive: Purchasing a caravan requires a lot of capital unlike a camper that one can easily afford. Low-income earners and those who are working on a tight budget when traveling Australia may not be able to afford it.
- Heavier when towing: A caravan is big in size and will require more energy to move it. This means that more fuel will be consumed in order to get it moving.
- You will not be able to access some area due to the big size of the caravan: Unlike a camper that will make it possible to access most area, a caravan will only be able to access the areas that have adequate space to pass through.
- You will find it hard to get parking space in town and near stores due to the large size of the caravan. This may limit your access to certain areas unless you park at a distance and then walk to the store.
Traveling in a caravan will demand to move at a low speed which means that you will take a lot of time before getting to your destination. The trip will also be expensive since you will require setting aside a lot of resources for the purchase of fuel. However, it will be fun and comfy if you can afford the expenses and you will not have to struggle to find a place you can lay your head for the night or even take a snack.